I am 100% predictable. I try to not be predictable (as seen by my ‘go to Mexico and tell my family and like three people’ stunt) but I have a lot of personality traits that as much as I try to change, I just can’t improve on them.
- Breaking 3 Pyrex bowls while cooking dinner with my friend Sam because I don’t have my shelves properly organized and then breaking a jar two weeks later because I still don’t have things organized (Side note: I am f****d if there is an earthquake, excuse my French).
- Constantly forgetting my wallet.
- I’m always late, typically by 15 minutes.
- Buying a nut milk bag to make nut milk but forgetting to use it.
The last one is what happened with the first time I made this recipe. Luckily the second time I wasn’t so irresponsible.
I recommend you half the recipe if you live alone and aren’t going to go through 10 cups of almond milk in a week. I was literally just trying to make every recipe that included almond milk ever – a lot of Vegan Banana and Blueberry Breakfast Parfaits and chia puddings and an entire box of Purely Elizabeth Muesli. Which I highly suggest making with this Homemade Strawberry Almond Milk.
This is the first time I ever had muesli to my knowledge and where the hell have I been my whole life? It’s basically kind of like overnight oats but minus chia seeds and with less liquid? Anyway, I threw mine on top of some Greek Yogurt because I’m basically all about adding protein to every meal possible and topped with some more Homemade Strawberry Almond Milk and some unsweetened carob chips because strawberries + chocolate = love.
- 2 cups almonds, soaked overnight
- 6 cups filtered water
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup dates
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a high power blender and blend on the highest setting until no particles remain.
- Place nut milk bag over a large bowl or contained and strain mixture.
- Store homemade strawberry almond milk in refrigerator for up to one week.
If you’re looking for more Meatless Monday recipes, check out the Meatless Monday round-up from Tina Muir and Confessions of a Mother Runner.
My friends at Purely Elizabeth sent me some of their new muesli to try but all opinions are my own.
Chat with me:
What personality traits of yours do you wish you could change? How do you top your muesli? Have you ever made homemade nut milk?