A reflection on my 2016 goals and a look back at how I did on my goals for 2015.
2015 was kind of a crash and burn year for me. I can safely say I have never been so happy a year was over. I actually said “Bye, 2005” at midnight accidentally because I was so over 2015.
Emily and I were texting (duh) on Friday and she said she loved New Years because it felt like a clean slate. And honestly, this year, it does feel like a clean slate to me. I’m sticking with three attainable goals for this year: one physical, one personal and one professional. Shit, am I getting it together?
- Run a 3:45 marathon
I said I wanted to BQ this year but my Achilles injury majority set me back, including having to throw in the towel for the LA Marathon. I’m toying with running Pittsburgh again and I’m definitely entering the lottery for Chicago. If I don’t get into Chicago, I’ll run Portland.
- Travel More
I traveled the least in 2015 as I have in years. In 2014 I was be-bopping around somewhere every other week. Also I hated where I lived so… that’s a thing. Anyway, I already have a trip to Tulum booked and plans for Nashville, Vancouver (again) and maybe a few others (Seattle, Austin (again), Europe of some sort or Morocco, somewhere super secret but insanely cool, and hopefully Cuba with my dad).
- Work on Something That Ends Up in AdWeek
Well, I guess now’s as good a time as any to mention I accepted a new role on the Social Media team at Old Navy, minus me changing my LinkedIn and Facebook after a couple too many glasses of wine (which in my case, is any number over one glass). So yeah, trying to do epic shit.
Let’s see where I netted out for my goals for 2015. They were way too aggressive, which everyone told me, but you know, 2015 Cassie just couldn’t listen.
- Run a 1:45 half-marathon: Fail. I didn’t even work hard enough to try. I did take like ~2 minutes off my time throughout the year. If it happens in 2016, cool. If not… well, that’s what 2017 is for.
Run a full marathon(Pittsburgh Marathon – 4:06)
- Get Back to my Happy Weight: Fail. I’m actually further from it. But I’m working on it again. While learning how to love and accept myself. I’m going to say hating myself is keeping me from weighing what I want to weigh. So I’m just going to work on balance this year.
- Stop Snacking After Dinner: Another fail. But I am getting a little better with not letting myself get ravenous hungry at night, hence why I would snack after dinner. I’m also doing better at saying “Shut up stomach, you can have breakfast in the morning” and going to sleep.
- Strength Train Four Times Per Week: Remember when I said my goals were too aggressive? I’m working on this one, too. Except like, when I can. And saying at least 15 minutes but ideally 30.
- Go to Yoga AT LEAST Twice a Week: I went maybe once a week. Whoops. I do have a monthly unlimited pass to the new Baptiste Yoga in SF and I like that walk a lot better than the walk to Yoga Flow and I can also easily ride my bike there. And I like that studio approximately 100 times better. It’s no Amazing Yoga, but it will do.
Go to SoulCycle Once a Week: That happened like 5-6 times a week in November/December thanks to my Achilles injury. Juice More Regularly: I did use my juicer more this year. And I also bought Pressed Juicery Greens 4 like it was my job.
- Post Four Times a Week on AGIT: I think I posted like, ~3 times a week on average.
Improve My Photography: Not where I want it to be, but a definite improvement on the past year.
- Business Plan: This like, is half-started. I realized I would have to move home to make this happen and I’m just not in any hurry to leave SF now.
Actually Go Surfing: I went surfing a decent amount of times this year and took a Surfcation to Sayulita, which I would like to make an every year thing (at least the Surfcation part, but maybe the Sayulita part because my surf instructor was hot). Be More On Time For Things: I’m going to say this improved. Having to be on time for shit you pay for (SoulCycle, your therapist) makes you more on time for other things.
- Stop Procrastinating: Nope. Still procrastinating.
Visit One New Country: Counting Mexico. Visit Vancouver: Seawheeze! And already registered and have a house for Seawheeze 2016!
- Take More Advantage of the West Coast: Going to take a hard fail on this one. I went to Big Sur. That’s it.
Chat with me:
Did you achieve your goals for 2015? What are your goals for 2016?