Peach, Goat Cheese and Almond Butter Pancakes
I know… Peach, Goat Cheese and Almond Butter Pancakes is a mouthful (pun not intended) of a name, but I couldn’t trick you by leaving out some delicious component or another. Plus, this is probably my last chance to post a peach recipe because summer is unofficially over and peach season is close to unofficially over.
Funny story about mouthfuls of names… my middle name is Jo, after my father (Joseph). My grandmother told my mother that Cassandra Pisone was already a mouthful of a name for a little girl so I needed a short middle name. My mother wanted to call me CJ for short but my grandmother started calling me Cassie and it stuck.
I’m currently obsessed with goat cheese. I had to stop by the Strip District for coffee a the Saturday before last after my long run. Yes, I’m such a snob I buy speciality coffee from a coffee store in the Strip. Anyway, I decided to wander around to see if there was anything delicious I couldn’t live without. There was a goat cheese stand with fresh goat cheese. I went through an entire container in barely over a week. It was insanely delicious.
These Peach, Goat Cheese and Almond Butter Pancakes were my breakfast a few Sundays in a row. I basically was full all day because they are so high in protein and healthy fat from the almond meal, almond butter, coconut and goat cheese. The first time I made them I didn’t intend on adding any of the toppings but I’m so glad I did.
- ½ cup almond meal
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 6 tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp pecans
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 peaches, chopped
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 1 oz goat cheese
- Heat a griddle on medium low heat.
- Mix all pancakes ingredients in a small bowl and allow to sit for five minutes.
- Spray griddle with coconut oil.
- Pour pancakes on griddle, making them about 2" by 2". Leave a corner of the skillet empty for the peaches.
- Place chopped peaches on skillet and stir frequently.
- Once pancakes begin to bubble and bottom firms and turns brown, flip carefully then cook for another 1-2 minutes, until cooked through.
- Plate pancakes and top with ½ peaches, ½ the almond butter and ½ the goat cheese.
Chat with me:
Do you like your name? Do you go by a shortened version? Are you sad summer is over?