Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Energy Bites
Another energy bite recipe? I know you’re probably sick of them but guess what? I make a batch every two weeks or so, I can photograph them at any time, and people love energy bites. (Right? You love these, right?)
I had been thinking abut making oatmeal raisin something for ages now. I needed energy bites as I had eaten my last Chocolate Antioxidant Energy Bite (recipe coming soon) before yoga the day I made these. I was playing around with ingredients and they needed a little more stick. Enter raisins. They have about the same nutritional value as dates, so they don’t really alter anything from my normal recipe.
The Recipe ReDux challenge for July was using alcohol and vanilla extract technically counts as alcohol. If you’re looking for a cocktail recipe though, you can add vodka to my Mint Arnold Palmer and make it a John Daly. Don’t worry, I won’t tell. Also, is it phoning it in to just use vanilla extract?
- ½ cup dates
- ½ cup almonds
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup raisins
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅛ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- Soak dates in filtered water for 30 minutes.
- Add dates, almonds, oats, and peanut butter to food processor and process until a sticky ball forms.
- Add in vanilla and sea salt and pulse a few more times.
- Add in raisins and pulse until combined.
- Put mixture in fridge for 30 minutes until dough cools and sticks together.
- Roll dough into 1" balls.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or freezer up to one month.
More energy bite recipes (aka the reverse evolution of my food photograph):
Coconut Energy Bites (too ashamed of my photograph to put it on this post)
Chat with me: Are you sick of energy bite recipes? Have you made any of my energy bites?