Now Trending – Best Links Week of 1.26
Did you know Mercury was in retrograde? I’m secretly into weird stuff like that. Last time Mercury was in retrograde I lost my job, got dumped and moved across the country. My horoscope that week basically told me that two of those three things were going to happen (the first and last). I have been finding it pretty hard (until the past couple of days) to find motivation to do anything than surf the internet and read blogs… maybe that’s why?
I have some exciting things coming up! This weekend I’m going to run the Kaiser Permanente Half-Marathon. I don’t have any real goals, except to see where my fitness levels are right now. APPARENTLY it’s flat (hahaha, flat in San Francisco, what a joke). You’ll see a full recap next week. Next week Angela will be here and the following week (aka day) A will be here. I have been counting down the days since they both booked their tickets in December.
In case you’re snowed in or something awful in the East Coast, are are the best links I’ve found this week… well and last week, because I found so many last week and had to save a few. Whoops.
I’ve sadly only been to six of the 52 places you should travel in 2015 (Rome, Milan, Steamboat Springs, Ile de France, Manhattan and Miami). I hope to venture to a few on this list this year including Cabo (it’s so close!), Rabat and Shanghai.
I’m struggling with that whole “what do I want in life” (besides moving to Bali/Hawaii, not work and be professionally tan, which is an unrealistic goal) thought right now. I love this article about figuring out what exactly it is you want to do.
This is old and I don’t care about Target collabs because 99% of the time I forget about them and the other 1% nothing is cute, but girls’ reactions to the Lilly Pulitzer-Target collab were hilarious. (FYI – “basic” isn’t the same as “poor”.)
Do you miss Serial? Yeah, me too. Here are Five New Podcasts for you. I listened to the first episode of Invisibilia and loved it.
I totally think intuitive eating is a myth. It’s for people with good metabolisms. If I, on the other hand, listened to my body I would probably only eat almond butter and avocados. Here’s why one editor from The Kitchn says intuitive eating doesn’t work.
Was your New Year’s Resolution to cook more at home? Here is the ultimate healthy grocery list.
I should really do more strength training… maybe I’ll start with this 10 song workout routine? It is so different and looks so fun.
Did you get a shiny new Vitamix for Christmas and don’t know where to start? Greatist has an awesome list of recipes to make in your Vitamix.
I’m really bad about thinking about making nut butter but then not making nut butter… I want to try so many on Lee’s list of homemade nut butters, especially the cashew birthday cake butter!
I not so secretly love BBQ and want to make these BBQ chicken and butternut squash tacos by my friend Whitney!
I never eat through the bananas I buy fast enough so they always end up in the freezer to go into smoothies… or as banana bread. Since I’m a bread failure, I’m going to try this recipe for Chocolate Chip Coconut Flour Banana Bread from Ambitious Kitchen.
Need. Tofu. Puffs. These Quiona Brunch Bowl with Soft Boiled Eggs, Avocado and Tofu Puffs are everything I love all at once.
Chat with me:
Has Mercury in retrograde done anything weird for you? Do you usually shop the Target Designer Collabs? (I don’t, but I’m typically all over the H&M ones.) What’s on your weekly grocery list?