We are currently in the process of eating through our pantry and freezer at the Pisone household… except I happen to be eating every meal out as of late. Whoops. After lamenting about how I couldn’t find sablefish in Pittsburgh, Sizzlefish sent me a lovely and unexpected assortment of fish – two types of salmon, scallops, haddock and… sablefish! (Which I still haven’t cooked… this coming week for sure!)
Pro tip: If you want to crust anything, use mustard. It gives it great flavor and helps whatever it is stick on. I’m not just saying that because I unabashedly love mustard.
Joe agreed this was awesome salmon. I don’t think he’d ever had a hemp seed before in his life. He did hold a halogen lamp over these photos to try and take them, but it was still insanely hard. Is it summer yet? Is the sun up any longer on the West Coast? Can I go there?
Do you want to try Sizzlefish? Yes, you do. You can use the code TRYSIZ for 10% off your order.
- 2 4 oz salmon filets (I used Atlantic Salmon from Sizzlefish)
- 2 tbsp good quality mustard
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- dash sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven on broil.
- In a small bowl, mix mustard, hemp seeds, salt and pepper.
- Place salmon on baking tray (I lined mine with a Slipat).
- Pat salmon dry with a paper towel and spread ½ the mustard mixture on each salmon.
- Place in oven and broil for 10 minutes or until salmon is cooked through (you will start to see white pop up).
Chat with me:
Are you good about eating the things in your fridge or pantry? What else should I make with all of the pantry staples I have (i.e. everything)? Do you think I’m being cryptic?