I’m not going to lie – I don’t understand hatch chile mania. They are delicious, yes, but I feel like people are just NUTS about hatch chiles. I brought home two pounds of roasted hatch chiles from Market District last Saturday (post 15-mile run grocery decision) and you would have thought I had brought home a daughter who never asked her father for cash at 25 with a well-paying job and no bills along with having a perfect driving record along AND two pounds of gold with the level of excitement my dad had over hatch chiles.
So… these hatch chiles. They were gone in 48 hours. Most of that was my dad, but I definitely had a hand in hatch chile mania at my house. We grilled these on cedar plank which also added to the amazingness.
This is probably my swan song of a recipe. I don’t think I will ever make anything as delicious again as these hatch chile fish tacos. The photos show how we ate them – with avocado and pickled vegetables. E-mail me if you want the pickled vegetable recipe… it’s not mine so I’m not going to put it up here. Also I said this makes four recipes but my dad and I ate them in one sitting because they were that good and I had run 15 miles that day. #sorryimnotsorry
- 1 lb cod
- 1 cup roasted hatch chilies
- ¼ cup cilantro, stems removed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3 tbsp cojita cheese
- salt + pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the cod in a food processor and process until well combined. It should look like salsa verde. Set aside.
- Heat your grill and grill the cod on a cedar plank, seasoning only with salt and pepper.
- Warm corn tortillas up, add grilled cod, hatch chile sauce, pickled vegetables and avocado.
Don’t forget… there’s one day left to enter my Healthy Skoop giveaway!
Chat with me:
What is it with hatch chiles? What is the best thing you have ever made?