My Favorite Apps
First off, Happy Thanksgiving! Second, I’m feeling sassy tonight. No clue why. Anyway, I’m thankful for all my readers who really make this all worthwhile. I was totally bummed about my own personal decision to not go across the country for four days (ha, remember when I was dumb and I would do that?) but I’m going home for two weeks (!!!) next month which is super exciting.
Okay, enough sappiness and #basicbitch-ness. (Things Basic Bitches Love #9: Feeling Thankful). Not to get totally off topic, but when I was slightly more #basicbitch two years ago I started making a corny list on a plane to LA of things I was thankful for in November. 23 year old me was so full of it.
Back to apps. I kind of miss working in social media/digital media. I never thought I would say that. I don’t know if it’s because it came so naturally or things in social were just moving to being so intuitive and user-friendly that it was easy or what. Maybe I’ll go back to that world someday but right now I’m still happy about this break.
I was never really into apps until I realized they kind of improved my life. Funny how life works like that. Some things that are no brainers (Instagram, Twitter, Yelp) aren’t on here because if you need to be told about them you need more help than this blog can give you.
- Nike Training Club: I literally tell every single person I know about NTC. They have hundreds of workouts for varying fitness levels that range from 15-45 minutes. There are videos that demonstrate each move, step by step instructions and voiceovers to tell you when to change moves, etc. (Free)
- Bloglovin‘: If I have a free minute while I’m waiting in line and I don’t feel like reading people’s stupidity on Twitter, I open up Bloglovin’ and scroll through my blog roll (which is insanity). PS if you aren’t following me on Bloglovin’ you should follow me then download the app, in that order. (Free)
- Uber/Lyft: Today I experienced a Christmas miracle and scored the only parking spot in front of my building. I did something right today. A lot of times on the weekend I’m not willing to give up my parking spot (despite it typically being 6 blocks from my house), so I just Uber/Lyft it to dinner/drinks. Plus drinking and driving is bad. So is paying $20 for parking. Get your first ride free on Uber with code i4qz2 or on Lyft with CASSANDRA568981. (Free… but rides cost money, duh.)
- MassageNow: I love getting massages but I also hate making appointments for things and being told the first available is in two weeks. MassageNow offers discounted massages ($60 + tip for a 60 minute massage… an awesome deal!) for same-day appointments at super nice spas in SF. I had the most amaze hot stone deep tissue massage last week thanks to them. Treat yo’ self to a massage for $40 with my $20 off code, CASSIE20. They’re also giving away a $500 spa day at the St. Regis so enter now through 11.30 (and win and take me with you). (Free. Massages: $60)
- Frequent Flyer: This saves all of your frequent flyer numbers so when you are booking flights you don’t have to search through your life to find the number. (Free)
- Vivino: If you like wine (or just tracking what type of wine you drink), you should take the couple extra seconds and record what wines you’ve tried. The app will give you suggestions on other types of wine you might like based on things you’ve tried and enjoyed and it’s fun to go back to see what you’ve drank. (Free)
- Timehop: This app is purely for fun. It shows you what you posted on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook on this date in years passed. It also shows photos from your camera roll. I liked reliving my life the past six months or so through this app.
- Sosh: My friend Sam turned me on to Sosh (I have the app to thank for the vegan pumpkin dinner). They show you cool things going on in your city (if you live in SF, NYC, DC, Chicago and Seattle) from food you should order at restaurant, hikes, events and more.
I also love a lot of other apps (finance ones like American Express or my banks’ apps, Penguins/NHL, white noise and Spotify) but these are some of the ones that have stuck out to me lately that I wanted to share.
Photo credit: iTunes App Store.
Chat with me:
What are your favorite apps? Do you use any of these? Am I super sassy today? Do you like posts like this or should I never do them again?