It took me two tries to get this recipe right, which is unusual for me. It’s unusual because either I never try again once I screw up a recipe or I get it right the first time. The first batch of these Banana and Fig Chocolate Chip Muffins, which rather were Giant Banana and Fig Chocolate Chip Crumbs, were so good that I had to try again.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, I stick spinach in everything that stands still. I don’t know why I have a fear of not getting enough greens, when in truth, if I’m not careful my skin tone is going to resemble Kermit the Frog. I am seriously just waiting on bananas to go ripe so I can make another batch of these. The avocados make them really creamy, just like when you add them to smoothies.
- 2 bananas
- 3 cups spinach
- 1½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup dried figs
- ½ cup unsweetened carob chips
- ⅓ cup avocado (1/2 avocado)
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp pink himalayan sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Spray muffin tins or silicon muffin liners with coconut oil.
- Put all ingredients except carob chips in a high powered blender (aka a Vitamix) or food processor.
- Process until completely combined and it looks like a smoothie.
- Fold in carob chips with a spatula.
- Pour mixture evenly into prepared tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until tops begin to brown and a fork inserted comes out clean.
- Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Don’t forget to enter my Healthy Skoop giveaway!
Chat with me:
Do you try things again once you fail or do you just give up? What recipe fails have you had lately?